Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Downey, Jr Drops Out of Cowboys and Aliens...



I have to admit that I'm a little saddened by the news that Robert Downey Jr has dropped out of Cowboys and Aliens. I love him as an actor and he would have been great in this. However, the rumored reason was because a sequel to Sherlock Holmes was fast tracked and it caused a scheduling conflict. I LOVED Sherlock Holmes, so this part of the rumor makes me very happy, and as long as RDJs departure doesn't kill the Cowboys and Aliens movie, I think I can live with him doing Sherlock and leaving this one in the quite capable hands of Jon Favreau. Thankfully, it doesn't seem like the project is dead, they are actively looking for a replacement, have a start date of July, and are even thinking of shooting the film in 3D

You can read all about it HERE

Cowboys and Aliens has a planned Summer 2011 release date. As more info surfaces I'll keep you informed.

No comments: